The Diagnostic Imaging Department at Tampa Community Hospital in Tampa offers cutting-edge diagnostic technology experienced staff and patient-centered care to enhance the early detection and treatment of disease. Along with the confidence that comes from knowing your medical team is equipped with the diagnostic tools to provide better care for you, our investment in technology means you'll benefit from quicker, more comfortable procedures.
Excellence in Diagnostic Imaging
Tampa Community Hospital Diagnostic Imaging was nominated by Imaging Economics Magazine as a “Best of 2012 Radiology Facility,” and is an American College of Radiology (ACR) accredited facility. Our focus is providing exceptional patient care with the best-available imaging technology.
Our Imaging Department is designed to maximize your comfort. With friendly staff, convenient hours, comfortable waiting areas, and nearby parking, we work to maintain a low stress environment for patients. Additionally, our staff is registered and certified in their areas of expertise insuring quality and safety when in our care. This includes using the lowest amount of radiation possible and achieving the best quality exam for accurate diagnosis.
Other features of Tampa Community Diagnostic Imaging include:
- Easy and flexible scheduling, including walk-in appointments
- Sedation available for some procedures to ease patient anxiety
- Prompt delivery of test results
- Convenient nearby parking
- Comfortable waiting areas
Preparing for Your Procedure
Our team of imaging professionals is here to make sure you feel comfortable and know what to expect during your procedure. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions before, during and after your procedure. These general guidelines are provided:
- Most procedures are simple, quick, and easy. If there is true anxiety, a registered nurse is available to see if sedation is an option for you.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes. You may be asked to change into a hospital gown.
- Don't wear items containing metal. In some cases, you will be asked to remove jewelry, watches, hairpins, eyeglasses or dentures. We recommend leaving jewelry and valuables at home when possible.
- Some tests require you to go without eating or drinking for a specified period before your procedure. Be sure to ask your doctor about this at least 24 hours before your appointment. Some tests may require preparation prior to your exam. This will be explained to you at the time your appointment is made. Staff are available to answer any questions you have.
- Tell your technologist if there is a chance you may be pregnant or if you are breastfeeding.
- Tell your technologist if you are allergic to shellfish or iodine.
- Some procedures require you to remain still for a period of time. Your technologist will explain what you need to do for a successful procedure.
- We have both English and Spanish speaking staff members. For other languages, interpreters are available upon request. Please let us know if you would like to have an interpreter available for your appointment.
- Learn more about various imaging exams and procedures from the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT).
To schedule an appointment, please call (866) 463-7204.